We have two college internship opportunities for the Fall-Summer Semesters! See the description below. If this sounds like a good fit for you, simply complete these 2-steps to apply!
APPLICATION - Submit your application at http://go2l.ink/apply21D
REFERENCES - Send your resume and the contact information for two character references to firstname.lastname@example.org
ART GALLERY INTERNSHIP
We are looking for an enthusiastic art lover to help us advance our mission to highlight the creative community in Montgomery. Under the guidance of the owners and gallery manager, the Art Gallery Intern will assist with preparation for events, management of the sales booth, handling and installation of art, social media marketing, making phone calls, and running errands.
- Gain exposure to all aspects of gallery operations, including gallery exhibit selection, design, and installation
- Learn about inventory management, retail operations, communications and marketing
- Network with top artists and creatives in the Montgomery area
- Greet visitors to the gallery and answer questions
- Serve as a liaison between the 21 Dreams members and the public
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages
- Attend meetings to record and distribute minutes
- Assist with the gallery’s inventory tracking and sales
- Assist with opening, closing, and cleanup of the gallery
- Help the Programs Committee coordinate the acquisition, storage, installation, and deinstallation of art exhibits
- Help the Membership Committee recruit and onboard new members
- Help the Communications Committee maintain website, blog, and social media network presence
- Set up, work, and deconstruct the 21 Dreams booth for programs and events
- Undergraduate Junior or Senior or Graduate student. Preferred majors: Studio Art, Art History, Communications, Business, Marketing, or Museum Studies
- Must be motivated to learn, organized, and team-oriented
SCHEDULE AND DETAILS
- Part time, unpaid internship requiring up to 20 hours per week
- Schedule is flexible around the intern’s class schedule; nights and weekends are required
- Intern is responsible for arranging for academic credit through their program of study.
21 Dreams is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of its staff, members, and partners. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and organizational need.